Be Still My Beating Heart!
This is me paying my bills. This is generally what I look like when I'm paying my bills. Money coming in usually makes people happier. Money going out does not. Can you "Imagine a happier you"? If so you may want to visit a new website created by the Deseret Media Companies. But I'm warning you. It's designed to help you manage your money, and that can be a painful thing.
I personally like to spend money. In fact, I'm an expert at spending money. I'm not all that good at saving it. I think the desire to spend is embedded in my gene's. Man With A Drill just rolls his eyes. He's so good to me. He doesn't even yell at me when I'm frivolously plunking down change for one thing or another.
I don't know why, but I just love "Stuff!" I get it from my dad. My father's favorite quip emphasized spending money. He always use to say, "Money was made round to roll, not flat to stack!" My mother, on the other hand, has always been a frugal thing. Don't ask me why I didn't get her gene! Man With A Drill wants to know the same thing!
"Imagine A Happier You" is great for people like me. It is the brain child of Mark Willes. He decided that he wanted to use the resources of KSL TV, KSL Radio, and the Deseret Media Companies to serve women. So he gathered women from each division within those organizations and charged them with coming up with an idea that would help the women of Utah.
The first thing they are addressing is the issue of women and money. This year they are connecting women with resources to help them better manage their financial distress. They are offering a money makeover to three lucky females. They are looking for women that are in a big, hairy financial mess (for whatever the reason) and are willing to have experts help them out of their mess . . . in public. Just what you always wanted, huh, your financial incapabilities publicly broadcast to the universe. They will be following these three women as they get out of debt and learn to budget or save for retirement. They are going to blog regularly about it all, even chat with them on the website.
While I'm not in a big fat hairy mess, I would like to learn better management skills when it comes to the all mighty dollar, so I signed up. What can it hurt? Man With A Drill is optimistically hopeful I will win! I'm not sure, but I think he's paying extra tithing to stack the odds in my favor! Given the fact that I'm not destitute though, and I have no real plight, I doubt he's going to get his wish. Still, even for the average person who wants to improve their money skills, the site gives lots of good ideas.
Check out "Imagine A Happier You." I'm going to laugh my dimpled cellulite gluteus maximus off if I get chosen! Man With A Drill is holding his breath!

1 comment:
Ha ha sign me up.
Post a Comment