Being a mother is hard work. I watch my daughters and my daughter-in-law caring for their little ones and it quickly brings back to mind all the painstakingly arduous hours I spent rearing my own children. It takes a lot of patience, stamina, and efforting to grow a child! Even though being a mom has it's own set of difficulties, it's also one of the most rewarding jobs on earth. It has to be or we wouldn't do it right?
After watching this video on LDS.org however, I was once again reminded that being a mother is the most important work on earth, something that is hard to remember when your children have gnarled your wits to the end! I think being a mother takes on a whole new meaning though when I am reminded that this rearing of children is a partnership with God. A full realization of that principal alone, really tells me it is the most important work I'll ever do.
From an old mother to all of my very own young mother's, I think you are all doing a terrific job at raising your little ones! I hope this video helps you remember just how important you and your partnership with God is. I hope it gives you that little extra bit of energy you need to keep doing the most important job there is ---that of rearing God's children.
1 comment:
Thanks mom for the words of encouragement and confidence, as well as the sweet reminder from Elder Holland.
Post a Comment