Some things in life you just don't want to miss.
When I found out they were asking citizens to come and line the entire
funeral procession route, I wondered if people would answer the call.
Em called and asked me if I would drive her. She just had surgery and isn't walking to good. Driving is still out of the question. I wondered if she ought to go at all. Craig, however, works downtown and was excited to give support to this cause. Em wanted to be there and wanted her children there too.
I didn't worry about how many people were going to turn out when Craig told us that there were more parents checking their children out of school than there were kids in school.
Everywhere I walked up and down Washington Blvd.
There were kids and Scouts and at least a billion flags.
This was the sight though that made me choke right up.
Firefighters everywhere on both sides of the road and a
huge flag hanging in the middle of them all.
Every spot occupied a flag.
Spencer just became a cub scout.
He was so excited to wear his uniform and come.
I was born on the 4th of July. I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a beautiful birthday,
but it's one I treasure deep in my heart. I love my country! I have a thing for flags and
Red, White, and Blue! And I'm only mad my mother didn't name me Liberty!
I wore my Eddie Bauer full length down coat.
Even though it was only 34 degrees and the air was crisp and cold,
It felt like summer standing there in the sun with all those flags blowing!
I think I took over 200 pictures.
We lined up in the median.
Craig had a friend up on Harrison. He got the word the procession had turned onto Washington.
There were choppers in the air.
And I was astounded when I looked and saw what was coming down the road toward us.
A motorcycle salute is sacred to these guys.
I was overwhelmed. For as far as the eye could see, they just kept coming.
I snapped shot after shot and when I turned to look the other direction,
I was astounded at the amount of men who had brought their bikes.
I saw license plates from every state that surrounds Utah.
Idaho, Arizona, Nevada, just to name a few.
It really was incredible to see.
I was so busy with my eye behind my camera lens that when I shot photos of this fire truck coming,
I had no idea Officer Francom was being carried on top. I didn't realize it till it got past me.
When I saw that casket draped with a flag in the eye of my lens, I lost it.
There was so much emotion in that scene that I could not see what I was taking pictures of.
I just held the camera and pushed the button in hopes something would turn out.
Jared Francom was born in 1981. He is one year younger than Seth.
He lived just down in Hooper. His wife and two little daughters are left behind.
I have a good friend that actually worked with all of the officers in the debriefing after this tragedy occured.
Some things in life cannot be understood no matter how hard you try.
Channel 5 news chopper followed it all from the sky.
It was a somber day.
And I was not prepared for the amount of officers that would turn out to give support.
Total time I spent standing on Washington Blvd?
While one police car filled with people after another passed by?
Over two hours!
This K-9 Unit belongs to a good friend of mine who would have been at the scene with Officer Francom and the other men. That night happened to be his night off.
I was so proud of Spencer-roo. He saluted every car for two hours.
You are an awesome Scout Spence.
As the afternoon pressed on, I got this shot of Kate waving.
I love the light on her. It reflected the day.
Ali conned me out of my hat. You look cute in it Ali!
Craig and his co-workers.
The sun was beautiful on the flags and the sky was clear and blue.
In the end, I was overwhelmed at the love and support of so many.
It was a great tribute to one man who was just doing his job.
Thanks Craig and all those at Merrill Lynch who let us come and be part of their group.
It was a great tribute to one man who was just doing his job.
Thanks Craig and all those at Merrill Lynch who let us come and be part of their group.




































2 comments:
I cried when I read this mom beautiful pictures God bless his family and all who serve.
Wow! Sat and just cried through that video! What an amazing tribute! Awesome pictures mom! Glad you captured it and posted that video. So grateful to all those who serve.
Post a Comment