

Just wanted to pay tribute to my dad today. He died July 11, 2004. I went down to the cemetery Saturday night just before it got dark. I was thinking it had been four years that he had been gone but then when I saw the head stone I realized five years had past. Some days I really miss my dad. He had some endearing qualities that I wish more people had, qualities like being happy even in his worst circumstance, and always having the ability to find the good in just about anything. He was fun and enjoyed laughter, he loved people, he was pretty kind hearted and generous by nature. I think though one of the greatest qualities about my dad is he didn't stay mad long. Another thing I miss is his wisdom. There are some days I sure wish I could sit down and ask him a few things.
Well, just had a nice time remember all the things I loved about him and I don't know if people get to read blogs up in heaven but just in case they do ---- I love ya dad and I miss you lots!
2 comments:
Grandpa was a great man, I have so many good memories with him. I also remember crying my eyes out cause I didn't get to go bear hunting with Him, Dad, and uncle Scott instead just Tyler and Seth got to go I remember being so mad at Dad for like 30 minutes and then I was over it....I hope I got Grandpas forgiving quality either that or it might just be my attention span is so short it helps me not stay angry ha ha.
Old Gramps!!! I miss him too. :) What a great guy!! Love you Grandpa!
Post a Comment