Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happy Birthday Emy

My life is anything but dull right now. My days fly by faster than a speeding bullet. I have had no time to blog unless I get up at unearthly hours. And I miss blogging. I love blogging. The culprit that has been steeling my time, is my photography. I'm  not complaining. I never tire of looking through the lens of a camera and pushing my shutter button. My Nikon is my best friend! 

I have been busy..... busy with cute Seniors graduating and wanting pictures and announcements, busy with photography classes, and busy as can be editing, editing, editing. If I'm not editing pictures, I'm editing my life. There in lies much symbolism. 

Man with a drill says I spend more time with my computer than I do with him. Well, he's a busy guy too and so that's not hard to do. I decided I spent the first fifty years of my life raising a family, now I'm going to spend the next fifty years taking pictures of them and everything else in life I can capture in a frame. I love framing life's precious moments. 

I have a goal ..... some day I'm going to die and I want to live my life so that people will say at least four things about me; A- She was crazy hahaha, crazy in love with life! B- She was deeply spiritual and a good friend to all. C- She devoted her entire life to being a good mother and grandmother! And D- She was a fantastic photographer. Emphasis on the word fantastic. Wow, I got a long ways to go!

As I am consumed with taking lots of pictures, I realize I really need to point the camera more often at the adults in my family. Inevitably someone has a birthday or an anniversary and I can't find a current picture. 

So it is with Em. She had a birthday and this morning I got up early just to try and find one picture of this cute girl with no one else in it and it took me forever. 

I was so happy to find the following photos. The last one I think I've posted before, but I love it. It is symbolic of my darling daughter and her way of being.  I'll come back to that.

The first three photos were taken when my mom died. Looking at these pictures made me cry. I miss my mom. I miss everything about her, and most of all I miss the daily trips up this familiar walk and into that familiar door. I miss her constancy. She was always there, in the same place, with the same questions, and with that same unwavering love and adoration for her children.

I wanted to take some photos of her home after she passed away. I was hoping to capture her spirit in them. Somehow I want to keep her with me forever. This home of hers is nearly 120 years old. My dad was born here. I wanted to remember just how it looked, just how it felt. That day I somehow got lucky and had Emilyn with me. How I got her all to myself is unbeknown to me, but wow, am I ever glad. And I've got to figure out how to do that again. Hahaha




Emilyn is my oldest. She is warm like the sun at the golden hour. You'll understand that term if you are a photographer. She is everything good. Really, if I had to choose one word to describe this girl, it would be the word, "Goodness." Through and through, I am here to say!




Besides being good in a million different ways and at a million different things, she is supremely lovable.




That's because Emilyn's ultimate trait in how she behaves towards mankind.... well, everyone comes first with Em, leaving herself dead last. If you have a need, this girl will be there to meet it. And without complaint I might add. She's always got a smile, no matter how much people demand of her. She really is one of the most giving people I know!



And that brings me to the last picture here. I love this picture of Emy. Her sweet soul shines through in it. I love the light in her, the light on her. And I think it gives air to a unique quality she possesses. There is something about Em's nature. When it comes to being complicated, you will not find anything descriptive about this word inside this beautiful girl. She is everything opposite of complicated. By inherent nature, this girl is Easy. She is SIMPLE, and oh how I love this about her. And that's it, simple goodness is what you see and simple goodness is what you get with this darling girl. Every inch of her.

I love you Emy! You are always a wonderful example to me and my life is always improved by being with you. I appreciate the spiritual force you are for good and I love spending time with you, it's easy and uncomplicated, undemanding in every way and always I am filled with light and joy by being with you. Thank you for always being a great help to me! Thanks for being easy on me, for always seeing the best in me. I appreciate that with you. You look for the best in me, you some how find it and you always remind me it's there. Thank you! I'm so proud of you. I love you! Everyone does. So glad you're a Crow! And I'm lucky, or blessed, you name it, to be able to call you my daughter. That always brings me so much joy! It's a joy to be your mom! Hugs Sweety Pea! I love you!!!

Happy Birthday! XOXOXO

3 comments:

Gavin said...

Yo are beautiful Em I love you and am so grateful for the amazing example you are to me. I hope your birthday rocked!!!

Unknown said...

Sniffle, sniffle. I won't lie, I am like a kid and I look forward to my Birthday blog from Mom every year. I never worry if it's late, I always know mom will get there as soon as she can. I love you mom! Thanks again for the warm fuzzies and the kind words. I love spending time with you too!

Papa Bird said...

Well, What can anyone add to what mom has already stated so well!!!!!! Em you are a Gem, what an example you are to so many of us......I love you and you deserve nothing but the best...