Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Day for Mother's






As Craig laid down to sleep tonight(the night before Mother's Day) he said "Well, I hope tomorrow is good for you." I responded with "It will be, no matter what happens good or bad."
I am not so naive as to believe that just because it is Mother's Day my children will miraculously arise with a smile and happily get dressed, folding their pajamas and putting them away as they go. No, tomorrow will hold the same redundant reminders to hurry up, get dressed, brush your teeth, be nice, get your shoes on, why are you not dressed yet!?!, that doesn't match run change, hurry and eat, it's time to go, it's time to GO! oh man, we should be leaving right now, get your shoes on!!!
No, Mother's Day is just as busy(or even more so) as any other day, and there in lies the beauty of this celebration. It is a great opportunity to BE a Mom on Mother's Day. The difference of the day will be shown in the extra smiles, the extra tight hugs and the extra "I love you's" given by the receivers of those many redundant reminders.
Which brings me to the point of this blog entry. If anyone can relate to the above listed expressions it is Mom. I only have to herd half as many little ones as she did and it is quite the job.
Since my day will be a busy one too, I wanted to take a moment tonight(with all my kids in bed) to wish you a Happy Mother's Day Mom! You are bright and colorful as the flag that honors the day you were born. You have given your life to the service and care of your family, just as the many soldiers that gave their lives for the freedom of our country. You stand, unwavering, when all you hold dear is challenged by opposition. Thank you for teaching me, loving me, and supporting me along this life's journey. It is a privilege to claim you as my Mother! I love you! Happy Mother's Day!!!!
Love,
Emy

2 comments:

Gavin said...

Wow that was good Em! Mom you are amazing and thank you for all you do...happy mothers day.

Mother Bird said...

I just want to thank you Emy, for putting this in here. It made me cry. As a mother I always look back and wish I could have done better. Yet I look at my children and every single one of you make me so proud and I think, how could I capitalize in that??? I don't think I could. I look at you now and see what a beautiful woman you are inside and out and such a wonderful mother! I'm so proud of you!!! Thanks for loving me and helping me, you are always so willing to give of yourself,. You are a great example! I love you so much... Happy Mothers Day!

And to Gav, I love you too! Thanks for always giving me great feed back Gav! Love you so much!

Thanks to all my family for a very wonderful mothers day!!! Love you all!