Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Blog On The Block


A few weeks ago, I had a very interesting offer come in. Clint "Winnis" Hadley and Jared "Willey" Wilson who are two of the best sports writers I've ever read, asked me if I'd take up a new position on their team, "Got Books." I had to clear it with Seth and Gavin because I wasn't quite sure how they'd feel about their mother standing so close to their dug out. They too play on the team. With their approval, I decided to take the offer even though the pay sucks. It was better than playing team nurse and with all the injuries in the first few games I had volunteered my motherly services to mending and reapair and blood really isn't my thing. I decided to give up that short lived title when the better offer came in. Now I just take pictures of the blood and that's a lot more fun!

You might think this team is new, but Au contrair! "Got Books" has been around a long time. This is not their first season. I am however excited to report I think I'm going to be shooting my first championship game here soon, cause Got Books is going places with their five and O' record this year!

I get a kick out of thier page on Facebook and as one reader wrote in, "Reading the Tuesday morning Got Books column is better than ESPN!" Got Books facebook page is for invited readers only, and in order to load full resolution images so the kids could down load them, I decided to go all out and make them a blog.  For anyone who is interested in sports. Check it out. Go to firstupgotbooks.blogspot.com

I try to post the news articles and pics Tuesday mornings, but sometimes it doesn't get on there until Wednesday or Thursday. At anyrate, you might enjoy it! Have a look see!

Nice win last night boys! Who's Got Books?

1 comment:

Gavin said...

Your awesome mom it's fun having the photos they look great!